NH to Alaska

Northway, AK to Anchorage

Anchorage to Tok, AK

Tok, AK to Brookings, OR

Home to New Hampshire

Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 25

So yesterday went well for the ol' fisherman. He went out in the rain and fished for 6 hours and caught 6 fish. Because there have been 50,000 fish that have entered the river they increased the maximum limit to 6 rather than 3 like it was a week ago. The fish seem a bit smaller than they were a week ago when we were here. He caught 2 that were 7 pounds. All together he put another 15 pounds towrds our total count. Today is the last day for adding to that before mailing it off to NH. That will be nice to have behind us. I have been unable to do much fishing at all due to my elbow. I fish for a little while and then have to give it a break. So that's the only thing we're up to today. Tomorrow we'll move on from here for the final time. I have to say, ever since leaving Homer I am feeling a bit sad about heading in the direction of Tok. Even though it will probably be another week or so before we cross that border into Canada, I already miss it. I think I could drive the loop from Fairbanks to Anchorage all over again! Well, I won't dwell on that while I'm still here experiencing the beauty and fresh Alaskan air. There's still plenty to see.

1 comment:

  1. Deb,

    I know you're not there yet, but I already put Seward on the map, so if you went somewhere else, you'll have to go back!!

    I also put a couple of links about the "Ring of Fire" volcanoe ring in the links section under "Mt Redoubt". Interesting stuff...

    We're having a cold smap today!!! 86 degrees!

    ReplyDelete