NH to Alaska

Northway, AK to Anchorage

Anchorage to Tok, AK

Tok, AK to Brookings, OR

Home to New Hampshire

Saturday, September 4, 2010

September 4th



THE WEATHER: Gorgeous, 75 degrees, dry & clear.

THE DISTANCE: 345 miles to Newport, Iowa


TREES! TREES! And more fields of crops. I think the majority of them are potatoes and corn. I didn’t realize that Iowa is big on wind energy. There are windmills all along the interstate. It is good to be back in green pastures though, rather than the brown of South Dakota & Montana. The road was constantly climbing and then descending which is a little more interesting than the flatlands. On average we have been around 1200ft., which puts us in the high prairie. We are thankful for the beautiful travel weather and the traffic is light. So it’s been an easy trek across the Midwest so far.

2 comments:

  1. Deb,

    I'm sure you meant Newport, IOWA, and not IDAHO!! That would have been a big retrace otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb I see you could be going by Rantoul, Ill. This is where Chanute AFB is. I spent a few tours there. Say hello for me.

    ReplyDelete