NH to Alaska

Northway, AK to Anchorage

Anchorage to Tok, AK

Tok, AK to Brookings, OR

Home to New Hampshire

Sunday, September 5, 2010

September 5th


THE WEATHER: Beautiful. Do I sound like a broken record? We’re making up for the cold, rainy days of Alaska! It was in the 80’s today, high thin clouds.

THE DISTANCE: 350 miles to Champagne, Illinois.


DUNKIN’DONUTS! DUNKIN’DONUTS!!! Life is better on the east side of the Mississippi River.

The Midwest winds continue to blow today and we continue to spend the majority of our time in the car, covering as many miles as we can each day. I liked that all Iowa’s rest stops have wifi! And I liked the message you would see on billboards across South Dakota: “Arrive Alive, Don’t text and drive”. If it weren’t for this part of the trip being so long (and boring), we would spend more time out west and going to Alaska! Even though it’s Labor Day weekend we haven’t had any problems with traffic. We did have a bit of trouble booking campgrounds! Everything is full this weekend, but we did get a spot for each night after calling around. Last night we did laundry, and it seems strange to think that that will be the last time we’ll be doing laundry on the road! This is the last Sunday without church! That’s the last time I have to change the bed which has been such a pain to do because it’s up above the cab of the truck. So there are some good and bad about seeing this trip come to a close. I wonder how much my house will have seemed to grow since we left! After spending 100 days in an 8 X 20 box! I have to say, it’s been very comfortable, and it makes me wonder how much room does 2 people really need??


PS: Steve, the crop we were asking you about turns out to be soy bean! You might want to think about growing some…. It’s all over down here.

3 comments:

  1. I must say I dated a girl in Champaign

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I hadn't looked at the blog in a few days and was literally shocked to see how close you guys are to home when I looked today!! I can't believe I won't be able to read about your day-to-day life on a website anymore, starting in a few days... I'm gonna kinda miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing, Kim! I was also thinking how close they are to Kentucky, but aren't going to stop. :)

    ReplyDelete